hg0088线上page last updated: september 25, 2020
The beacon chain is a new blockchain at the core of Eth2 that will ensure the whole network is in sync with the same data. In Eth2 this is a lot more difficult than it is today because the network will exist across many shards. This means rather than just one blockchain, Ethereum will become many blockchains all running in parallel. These shard chains are an important part of increasing the number of transactions Ethereum can handle per second.
- validator addresses
- the state of each validator
- block attestations
- links to shards
This is coming in Phase 1.
- proposed by a chosen validator in a committee
- attested by the rest of the committee during an epoch "slot"
- crosslinked with the beacon chain after enough attestations
- finalised by Casper using cryptoeconomic incentives
- – Ethos.dev
- – Status
- Sharding consensus – Ethereum foundation